Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Nicole Brossard, toujours deja

Tonight I'm going to attend Nicole Brossard's launch of her new essay collection Fluid Arguments at "This Ain't the Rosedale Library" in the Village. I've hopscotched the country in hopes of hearing her read, and though I missed her breakfast at York because the TTC doesn't run until 9am sundays (what about those worm-earning early-rising church goers?)(not to mention how I didn't attend Congress yesterday cuz of the strike), I did catch the thoroughly multi-lingual seminar Sunday evening. What an asset it is to speak french and move effortlessly between mental spaces of language, following tonalities.
I've bought her new paperback edition of Yesterday, at the Hotel Clarendon, and look forward to digging into it next week while sitting on a bench in Vieux Port.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

The Vieux Port? Are you coming to Montreal?

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger a.rawlings said...

michelle, did we meet this evening? we have twin blogs.

xo, angela

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey michelle, or at least i think it's you, it's steve, although i don't think you know my name. I'm the guy who was behind you in line at the convenience store that day who said you were PMSing. I got your name from the tag you were wearing and googled you. I guess the point of this email is to say that I'm sorry. That quick witty remark that you made about the "creative juices" was quite funny and got me to think. Thank you. The reason I lashed out at you is, well, my girlfriend of two years broke up with me last week and she was what some people would call a "hardcore" feminist". But i still loved her. What you said reminded me of her. Are you going to be around for a while? maybe we could get a coffee somewhere sometime. Just post your answer the next time you update your blog and i'll see it and contact you again. your opinions are interesting, and somewhat funny, and I'll now be a frequent viewer of this site.
Thanks,
Steve.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Arty Povera said...

Lesley: Yes, I'm visiting Montreal next week! My sister lives there in bilingual bliss. I'll give you a call. I want to hear all about your defense!

Angela: We did meet, it all makes sense! And Lesley ties it together nicely. I hope I'll run into you again sometime, we had such a great chat. [and amazingly we seemed familiar to each other though we had never quite met before...)

Steve: Ross, you're so bad.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Arty Povera said...

Hi Hugh, I thought I recognized you at the reading... What brings you to Toronto, poetry or math?

Unfortunately, the zine never really took off. I do hope to revisit the project eventually.

Best o luck in the big city!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home