Friday, May 12, 2006

cyberfeminism & community-building



As a follow-up to Panel #3:

VNS Matrix - Cyberfeminist Manifesto for the 21st Century
Donna Haraway - Cyborg Manifesto
Shelley Jackson - my body & wunderkammer
Caitlin Fisher - These Waves of Girls
Feministe Blog
Skawenatti Tricia Fragnito - Why I Love WWWriting
Documentary on sexual assault - Searching for Angela Shelton
Frances Power Cobbe (1822 - 1904) - Wife-Torture in England, Other Writings

Please feel free to leave other useful feminist resources! And add anything I've forgotten!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey, i loved your presentation, and your film. did you shoot your film on 8mm? it really was fantastic! i would love to check out your other work.
my name is lindsey and i am a film studies/women's studies undergrad at the U of A.
these are some websites i like to check out as a young bi-polar artsy political feminist mama:
www.girlmom.com
www.hipmama.com
www.yomamasays.org
theicarusproject.net
www.visualresistance.org/wordpress
www.abcnorio.org
www.countercurrents.org
anyhow, thanks!
Lindsey

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Arty Povera said...

Hi Lindsey, thanks for your contribution during the panel, and also for these great sites!
I shot my film on 16mm using a Bolex, then handprocessed it. I'm glad you caught the film presentations, they were nestled into lunchtime and I don't think too many people made it out.

great to meet you,
michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home