Saturday, November 26, 2005

hollaback girl


I just discovered this great blog by a NYC gal, named Lauren. She's asking women to submit cell-phone pix of the guys who harass them on the street on a daily basis.

Here's one snippet, submitted by an Emily. Makes me think of Stacy and I at Bloor and Crawford, Stace throwing down her bike and calling out the Coffee Time porch monkeys who are too chickenshit to follow up on their innuendo. Hollaback!

"The other day, riding my bike through Chelsea, I was slowly riding through a crosswalk when one of the guys waiting to cross felt the need to tell me I had nice tits. I turned my bike right around and started riding towards him, and he took off running down the street as fast as he could, like a little baby. I chased him for almost a full block, hoping to fully instill the fear of the hollaback girl in him. Not so tough now, huh asshole?"

[see http://hollabacknyc.blogspot.com/ or click heading]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home